Masoor ki dal is a commonly used pulse in Indian households, which widely comes in two variants:- Brown-coloured with peel, Or Red – coloured without peel.
How to use Masoor Dal correctly?
This wonderful pulse has many advantages, but can create gastric issues in our body if not consumed in the right way, which is given as follows –
1. It is always better to use the Brown-colored Masoor dal as it is more fibrous.
2. Dals should always be soaked for at least 2-3 hours before use to make it easier to digest and increases its nutritive value.
3. In case of gastric issues, One should always consume it in day time or before 7pm, keeping 3 hours before sleeping to not cause gastric issues.
4. The water used to soak the dal should be changed atleast 3-4 times.
5. We should always put either a desi ghee or Sesame oil tadka on the dal to minimise the dry tendency of the dal.
6. It can be used as a face -pack regularly to nourish the skin.
7. Whenever consuming dal, some sendha namak and black pepper must be added to the dal, to further lessen the VATA effect of the dal.
Why Masoor Dal: Qualities of Masoor Dal:-
This miraculous pulse is packed with many qualities-
1. It is very effective for skin related problems like acne etc.
2. It gives strength to the body
3. This aggravates the VATA dosha or the dry nature of the body.
4. It balances PITTA and KAPHA doshas in the body.
5. Use of it as a facepack, combining masoor ki dal, besan (gram flour) and a small portion of malai improves the skin-quality, skin-texture and cleanses the skin, getting rid of acne, blackheads, pimples etc.
Thus, We hope you can gain the utmost benefits of the masoor dal, while taking care of the precautions given above. For further queries, you may contact us.
Dr. Monika Bijaka Agrawal
Yoga Health Care Centre
written by Kashvee Agrawal